An independent, autonomous, non- political, non-governmental organization for medical students in Bulgaria. Created on 03.03.1990, it is one of the biggest non-governmental organizations in Bulgaria. AMSB has been acknowledged by the Bulgarian Medical Association as an official forum for medical students in Bulgaria. The members of AMSB are AMSB- Sofia, AMSB- Capital university, AMS- Plovdiv, AMSB- Varna, AMSB- Stara Zagora, AMSB- Pleven.
The organization is a full member of the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations- the biggest student organization in the world, represented by 1.5 million students- medical students from 125 countries and in partnership with WHO, UNESCO, UNICEF, UNFPA(The United Nations Population Fund) and others. AMSB is a co-creator of the National Youths Forum.
The Association delivers different resources and methods to increase the skill level of medical students, as well as opportunities for their professional development.
The goals of the organization are as follows:
- Uniting the medical students in Bulgaria no matter their political, religious or national orientation in order to democratize the educational process in universities.
- Improving the professional qualifications and elevating the social status of medical students
- Exchange of information, analyzing, summarizing and publication of educational problems as well as coordinating methods for their solution
- Organization of international student exchange
- Presentation of social problems of medical students and discussing their solutions with governmental and public organizations
- Asserting the rights and interests of medical students
- Helping with the implementation of personal and collective ideas of medical students
- Assisting and financing science project in the field of medicine
- Organization of science and youth forums with national and international entries
- Organizing and conducting campaigns and events concerning the prevention of common and socially-impactful diseases, with or without the help of other non-governmental organizations